Central is full of places to go to meet your needs away from home.
Career and Professional Development
You’ll work hard for that degree. Career and Professional Development will work hard to help you get the skills and opportunities to really use it. We —
- help you with a major and career direction,
- connect you with internship and employment opportunities,
- help you network with area business leaders, and
- capitalize on your skills
When things start getting rough, Central’s counseling services —
- help students resolve personal difficulties,
- help students acquire the skills to take advantage of their college experience,
- aid students with their concerns related to educational progress and personal growth,
- coach and guide students through difficult times,
- refer students to long-term therapy if necessary.
Everyone is welcomed and celebrated at Central, no matter how you define yourself as an individual. Intercultural Life provides the extra support you might need by:
- offering awareness and training sessions,
- hosting fun activities to promote meeting new people,
- and providing opportunities for students to build connections on our multicultural campus and the world.
Student Support Services (SSS)
You have goals, and Student Support Services is here to help you achieve them. SSS works to help students who are
eligible for the program achieve their goals and enhance their college experiences through:
- Introductory course to help first-year students succeed
- Individual or group academic tutoring
- Laptop rental
- Cultural activities
- Office supplies
- Academic and career counseling
- Team-building trips
- Leadership conferences
- Grant and scholarship opportunities
Class deans are available as a resource, serving as guides to the students in that class as they choose majors, navigate courses and decide on a career. View the class deans here.
The international student coordinator is available to support current international students, helping them to feel welcome and succeed at Central.