Transfer to Central

Whether you’re moving from a two-year or four-year school, we know the transition to a new college can be tricky. We'll help you get started.

Apply Scholarships

Transfer credits you've already earned.

Making sure the credits you have already earned will transfer toward a degree at Central is likely a key concern.

Courses in which you have earned a C (2.0) or better will be considered for transfer credit. A maximum of 60 semester hours of transfer credit (including a maximum of 24 semester hours from AP, IB, PSEO, and dual enrollment) may be applied toward completion of a Central College degree.

A transfer credit evaluation may be requested at any time.

Transfer Credit Guide Transfer Credit Policy Contact Us

A Private Education:
More affordable than you think.

We don't believe cost should be a barrier to a quality education. That's why 99 percent of Central students receive financial aid.

Here's how Central students and families manage the cost:

Scholarships FAFSA Costs

See how affordable a Central College education can be.

Lead the pack.

"The connections with professors are my best tools as I take the next steps into adulthood. I have multiple professors I could go to for letters of recommendation or contacts. You can tell they really want you to succeed even after your time at Central."

Sara Rodriguez

Get to Know Campus.

Central is intentionally residential, and living on campus puts you at the center of it all.

Campus visits are encouraged! We are happy to arrange for you to take a tour of campus and meet with an admission counselor, registrar (to help determine how credits will transfer), faculty member, coach, financial aid office and others that will help ease your transition to Central.

Schedule a Visit Living on Campus

Next Steps.

Once students are admitted to Central, the associate registrar will review your college transcripts and send you an email outlining exactly how your courses will transfer to Central. Make sure you've completed all of the following:

  • Filing the FAFSA is the first step toward maximizing your financial aid. You can begin filing Oct. 1. Have your FAFSA information sent to Central (code 001850). Financial aid awards will be sent out a few weeks after your acceptance if we have your FAFSA on file.
  • Fill out the housing form.
  • Submit your $200 enrollment deposit to secure your enrollment to Central College.
  • Check your mail for your Central student username, password and email information.
  • Once your enrollment deposit is received the transfer dean and/or your academic advisor will contact you to plan your class schedule and help you register for classes.
  • Upon completion of your final semester, send your official college transcripts to Central.

FAFSA Checklist Housing Form Deposit

We're Here to Help.

Contact us if you need any additional information regarding the transfer process.
You may reach us by calling our toll-free number at 1-877-462-3687.

Contact Us


Jennifer Smart

Transfer Coordinator
Office: Central Hall
Phone: 641-628-5661