Upcoming alumni events
Central RED Society – Let’s Talk Tariffs
Thursday, March 28, 2019
Dave and Ardie Sutphen Common Room, Graham Annex
5:30 p.m. Dinner & Cash Bar; $15
A tariff is a tax on imports or exports and they are used by governments to generate revenue or to protect domestic industries from competition. For some companies such as Vermeer Corp., trade has become increasingly important. Vermeer depends on exports for about 30 percent of its revenue, encompassing hundreds of millions of dollars across 80 countries. The impact of President Donald Trump’s proposed tariffs on steel and aluminum may be felt in a significant way locally. Central College Political Science Professor Andrew Green will interview Daryl Bouwkamp, Sr. Director International Business Development & Government Affairs for Vermeer Corporation and Vice Chair, Vermeer China Ltd.
To learn more or become a Central RED member, check out our website.
2 - 4 p.m. Sunday, April 28, 2019
For Spirited Sustainable Conversations
Network with fellow alumni, other professionals, and current students interested in sustainability careers and opportunities!
Iowa Taproom – Joliet Room
215 East 3rd St., Des Moines
Enjoy your first drink on us!
Free appetizers and a cash bar.
Phi Delta Tau Reunion
Friday, June 7 - Sunday, June 9
The Phi Delta Tau Fraternity brothers from the years 1962-72 are invited to a reunion the weekend of June 7-9 in Pella. Reserve your room at the Holiday Inn Express in Pella today by calling 641-628-4853.
Schedule of events:
Friday, June 7
- Noon – 1:30 p.m. Welcome lunch at the Sports Page Bar
- 3:30 p.m. Gathering in the Holiday Inn Express Lobby
- 4 – 7 p.m. Chuck Laug ’74 (Grill “look-alike”) at his home with lots of Phi Delt memorabilia
- 7 p.m. – 10 p.m. Pella Golf & Country Club with cash bar & buffet.
Saturday, June 8
Breakfast on your own
- 10:30 a.m. Tour of campus
- Noon Lunch in the Maytag Student Center $12/person)
- 3 – 7 p.m. Rally at South Overlook Pavilion on Red Rock Lake. Food provided by Country Catering.
- 7 p.m. Meet at the Cellar Peanut Pub. Enjoy Iowa craft beers & George’s Pizza.
Sunday, June 9
Breakfast/Select group gatherings on your own