Central College is committed to the health and safety of the Central community and all of our future students and their families. Central continues to limit visitors to campus while also starting to ease restrictions in accordance with guidelines from the State of Iowa.
Prospective students and parents may now schedule individual family meetings on campus. We are limiting appointments to two guests per student when visiting campus.
Safety Measures for a Visit to Campus
When you’re ready to see campus, we’re ready to show it off! Central has worked diligently to provide the safest experience possible for our visitors. We kindly encourage the use of the following guidelines when visiting campus:
- Visitors need to be free of COVID-19 symptoms.
- Pack hand sanitizer and use it often. We also will have hand sanitizer on hand for your convenience.
- Masks are required in indoor public spaces and outdoors when six-foot physical distances cannot be maintained. Visitors may bring their own mask. The college also will have some available for use. Central’s admission counselors will wear a mask when meeting with visitors.
- Maintain a physical distance of six feet with other people.
- When you arrive, we will welcome you warmly and show you where to safely receive your materials.
- Although we’re cleaning high-traffic areas frequently, please avoid contact with high-touch surfaces such as doorknobs, light switches, drinking fountains, etc.
- We are limiting one person at a time to restroom use to keep it as contact-free as possible.
It’s your day to explore, and we’ll help you investigate everything to find out if you belong at Central.
Visit with us Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. or check out our campus video tours at any time.
- Connect with admission counselors and coaches — people who will make the difference in your Central education.
- See where Central students eat and live.
- Meet with financial aid professionals, discuss scholarship options and get help filing the FAFSA.
Visit us on Saturdays by scheduling an individual visit, 8:30 a.m. – noon.
Visit Day Events
If you bring your completed application, we will waive the application fee. While you're here, don't forget to pick up your FREE T-shirt and Dutch letter — Pella's famous pastry!
Miles to Pella
Drive Time (hours)
Traveling from far away?
If you're not from Iowa, we'll help meet your travel expenses to visit Central. Ask about our reimbursement policy when you schedule a visit.
For prospective out-of-state students, Central College will help meet their travel expenses to visit campus.
The following guidelines apply:
- To be eligible for travel reimbursement, you must be admitted to Central College prior to your travel date.
- Travel reimbursement is valid for airfare or mileage for student expenses only.
- For travel by car, you will provide a home address which will be used to calculate round-trip mileage to/from campus. Based on Central College policy, the rate of .50 per mile will be used to determine eligible reimbursement amount. Students traveling from non-contiguous states can receive reimbursement for up to $250 of their travel expenses. Students traveling from contiguous states (Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Missouri) and including Kansas can receive reimbursement for up to $30 of their travel expenses. Gas receipts are not required.
For travel by air, upload your itemized receipt(s) for airline reservation. Must show individual’s name and ticket charges. A maximum amount of $250 may be reimbursed for student ticket charges.
- You may complete/submit Electronic Reimbursement Authorization Form prior to your scheduled campus visit date, but reimbursement will be paid following your campus visit.
- Complete/submit Electronic Reimbursement Authorization Form and upload any applicable receipt(s) within 60 days of your completed campus visit.