* Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, ACT and SAT test scores are NOT required if you’re applying for admission to Central for the Fall 2020 semester. We do not want to place undue hardships on students who cannot take the ACT or SAT due to testing facilities being closed nationwide.
Central’s size and individual attention makes learning challenging and prepares students for life after college.
Central looks for students who:
- Will have graduated from an accredited high school or equivalent by the time of their enrollment in Central College.
- Rank in the upper half of their high school graduating class.
- Have ACT or SAT-I scores high enough to predict probable success at Central. *
Recommended High School Coursework
- English: four years, including literature
- Math: two or more years, including algebra, advanced algebra and geometry
- Social Studies: three or more years, including American and European history
- Sciences: two or more years of lab science
- Foreign Languages: two or more years
Central College is committed to being an inclusive community whose members act with consideration for the physical, intellectual, and spiritual well-being of all persons. All members of the college community are responsible for creating an atmosphere that fosters openness, mutual respect, and diversity. (Board of Trustees, 4/26/03). The above nondiscrimination policy includes, but is not limited to, persons of every ethnicity, race, national origin, ancestry, color, socio-economic class, creed, religion, philosophical belief, marital status, disability, physical appearance, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, and organizational affiliation. Read our welcome statement.