You are encouraged to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at studentaid.gov.
Apply for your FSA ID
Each student and at least one parent should apply for an FSA ID.
Complete the FAFSA form
Go to studentaid.gov and complete the FAFSA. Central College’s FAFSA school code is 001850.
The FAFSA is a FREE service. You should not pay to complete the form.
Online processing time for the FAFSA takes 2-3 business days. The Department of Education will notify you that your application has been processed and will provide you with a Student Aid Report (SAR).
Iowa Tuition Grant
Students who are Iowa residents need to file the FAFSA by July 1 to be eligible for Iowa Tuition Grant. Note that your form must be received at the processor (not simply mailed) by this date.
Central College can assist you in filing the FAFSA. Contact Wayne Dille at 641-628-5336 or Donna Newendorp at 641-628-5187 for assistance. Also visit “Seven Easy Steps to the FAFSA” for additional tips.
Other helpful tips:
- Read and follow the FAFSA instructions carefully.
- Do not skip questions unless specifically instructed to do so. If the answer to a question is zero, answer with “0”. Report whole dollar amounts, no cents.
- “You and your” refers to the student, not the parent.
- Please make sure that the social security number you list and the spelling of the student and parent(s) name exactly match that listed on the social security card. The information you list will be matched against a database at the Social Security Administration. If the name and SSN listed do not match exactly it will delay your receipt of financial aid.
- Funding for many programs is limited. Make sure you know and meet all necessary deadlines. Be sure to complete the entire form as instructed. If you do not supply all required information, your application may be rejected, and you may miss the deadline.
- Dependent students and one parent, or stepparent, must electronically sign the FAFSA application.