Lexi Hanna, Head Coach
• How often do you practice and for how long?
The team will practices four times a week for 2 hours.
• What are the expectations for being on this team?
These are all required:
- Attendance at all practices
- Workout program outside of practice time
- Attendance at all football and numerous basketball games
- Attendance at assigned or requested appearances
- Participation at all competitive events
• How may women are on the team?
The team consists of 14-18 dancers
• Are practices mandatory?
All practices are mandatory. Being on the team is a full-time commitment.
• Where do you perform?
We perform at all home football games. We also perform during halftime at selected home basketball games.
• Where do you compete?
- Iowa State Drill Team Competition in December
- Tommie Invitational in St. Paul, Minn.
- NDA Nationals
• Do you accept video tryouts?
We would prefer to see all potential team members in person but if the tryout dates conflict with prior commitments, we do allow a video tryout. Contact coach Lexi Hanna at firstname.lastname@example.org for all the necessary elements to be included in the video as well as a deadline.
• What do I need to wear to tryouts?
We ask that everyone bring their own dance shoes and comfortable dance attire. We strongly suggest a sports bra/top and dance pants. We also expect everyone to look game-day ready. (make-up, hair done nicely, etc.)
• What elements are required at tryouts?
Everyone will be taught a dance consisting of the following elements: pom, jazz, and hip-hop. Technical skills must be performed and will either be done in a choreographed sequence or individually.
Technical elements required:
-Fouette sequence consisting of 4+ turns and a double pirouette
- Switch Leap-right and left
- Center Leap
- Straight Leap-right and left
-Triple or Quad Pirouette
- Splits and/or Stretches
• Are incoming freshmen allowed to tryout?
• What do I need to bring to tryouts?
You will need to bring your insurance information and records from a recent physical. If you do not show proof of insurance and a current physical form, you will not be allowed to tryout.
• Are there summer commitments?
Summer commitments include special appearances, fundraisers and monthly workshops to run.
• How much does it cost to be on the team?
The cost to be on the team can run around $500. Most is due soon after tryouts.
• Are there scholarships available?
We do not have scholarships available to squad members; however, we have numerous types of fundraising projects to help pay for certain dance team expenses.
•What does Central College require academically in order to be a part of the team?
Team members must complete at least 12 credits each semester and maintain a cumulative grade-point average of 2.00 or above.
Are you competitive or performance-based team?
We are both. We perform at games, but we also complete on the state level.