Central's library was established when the college was founded in 1853. Its mission is to provide students with the information they need to achieve their highest academic potential and to help them acquire research skills necessary for life-long learning.
Check out the Geisler Library website, maintained by library faculty and staff.
Library highlights include:
- Nearly 200,000 resources including books, magazines, newspapers, music, reference periodicals, microfilm, historical information, and art.
- Easy access to helpful, professional reference librarians.
- 67 online databases, available 24/7.
- A curriculum library of 5,000 items supporting teacher education programs.
- A music library containing 4,000 music scores and anthologies.
- Private study and seminar rooms.
- Writers Reading Series featuring local and national award winning authors and poets.