Majors at Central: 39 majors with pre-professional advising available in several fields.
Graduation Rate: 96 percent of Central College students who graduate do so in four years or fewer.
Internships: 76% of Central students complete at least one internship or pre-professional experience. Sites include Iowa, Chicago, Washington D.C., and all of Central's study abroad locations.
Outcomes after Graduation: 96% of Central students are either employed in a field of their choice, enrolled in graduate/professional school or completing a year of service within a year of graduation.
Average class size: 20 students
Student to faculty ratio: 13-to-1
Number of faculty members: 107 full-time faculty members
Percent of faculty with Ph.D. or other terminal degree: 85 percent
Number of students: 1,500
Residential campus: Central students live on campus all 4 years creating a community of scholars that many students call "family." Learn more about housing/roommates.
Cost (tuition, room, board and fees): $40,680 (2013-14)
Percent of students receiving financial aid: Over 99 percent
Location: Pella, Iowa, just 40 minutes southeast of Iowa's capital city of Des Moines and two minutes from Lake Red Rock. Pella is a thriving community of 10,000 and home to several large international companies such as Pella Corporation (Pella Windows), Vermeer Corporation, Heritage Lace, and Precision Pulley. The city of Pella is known for tourism and the annual Tulip Time Festival that brings over 100,000 visitors each year.
Student organizations: Over 80, and there is lots to do on campus! Each year our Campus Activities Board (CAB) sponsors musicians, comedians, and other events. There were over 50 CAB-sponsored events and over 255 student organized events this year! Check out our calendar of events.
Students studying abroad: Approximately 50 percent of Central students study overseas, compared to 1 percent nationally. Find out more about our nationally recognized Central abroad programs!
Off-campus programs: Chicago or Washington, D.C.
Top employers of Central graduates: Principal Financial Group, Pella Corporation, Hormel Foods, ING, John Deere, Pella Community School District and numerous other Iowa Community School Districts, Wells Fargo, Rockwell Collins, Vermeer Corporation, Cargill, Pioneer Hybrid, Children and Families of Iowa, Science Center of Des Moines, Northwestern Mutual Financial, Alliance Technologies, McGladrey, IMT Insurance, Woodward Academy, Youth Homes of Mid-America, Ernst and Young and Advanced Technologies Group.
Graduate placement: 22% of Central graduates attend graduate school within 1 year of graduation. 94% were accepted into their first choice institution. The remaining 6% were accepted into their second choice.
Graduate schools: Duke University, University of Iowa, Iowa State University, Oxford University, Institut Catholique - Paris, Ohio State University, Cleveland College of Chiropractic, Palmer Chiropractic, DePaul University, Loyola University, Des Moines University, Creighton University, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Texas A & M University, George Washington University, Western Theological Seminary, Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago School of Professional Psychology, University of Granada - Spain, and Washington University.
Wired? Each room has internet and cable TV hookups.
Wireless? Central's campus is completely wireless - including academic buildings, residence halls, and common areas.
Safety: Pella offers a very safe community.
Learn more about Central's accreditation.
Central College is a residential liberal arts college dedicated to helping students discover and develop their greatest potential. Guided by its ecumenical Christian tradition, the college community engages in vigorous, open inquiry in pursuit of academic excellence.
The college nurtures the development of the mind, while fostering spiritual and emotional maturity and physical well-being. Central integrates career preparation with the development of values essential to responsible citizenship, empowering graduates for effective service in local, national, and international communities.
Central College is a leader in environmental stewardship in Iowa and the Midwest.
Learn more about Central College's commitment to the environment and campus sustainability efforts on the SUSTAIN website.