The Senior Student
What are the biggest adjustments senior students will be facing?
- A time of reflection on the past as a preparation point for the future.
- Bridging the gap between academic and extracurricular experiences.
- Making major coursework to career transition.
- Attending career fairs.
- Determining school loan debt and other financial responsibilities for the future could be stressful.
- Seeking closure not just at graduation but as a series of steps.
- Transitioning into adulthood and becoming a citizen in the real world.
- Staying connected and keeping the relationships alive that have defined them for the past year can be a transition in itself.
Helping your Central senior as they move forward –
- Discuss with your student his or her future plans to either attend graduate/professional school or obtain a job
- Listen and don’t worry as your student makes some tough decisions
- Support the personal adjustment of your senior during their transition from college to after-college life
- Actively encourage students as they are job searching and exploring but be careful of sharing too many expectations