Spring semester 2011 writers' visits were supported by a generous grant from Humanities Iowa and the National Endowment for the Humanities, as well as the generosity of the Central College Inaugural Year Team.
- Novelist Mary Helen Stefaniak read from her book The Cailiffs of Baghdad, Georgia.
- Journalist Bryan Mealer read from his bookThe Boy Who Harnessed the Wind, which was the common reading for the class of 2014.
- Poet Ellen Bryant Voigt read from her collected work.
- Dr. Walter Cannon, Professor of English at Central College, read his poetry.
- Dr. Robert Leonard, creative writer and Special News Editor for KNIA/KRLS radio of Knoxville/Pella, read from his bookYellow Cab.
- Essayist John D'Agata read from his bookAbout a Mountain.
- Memoirist Alexandra Fuller read selections from her work.
- Environmental writer and activist Terry Tempest Williams read from her work.