Spring 2009 writers were supported by a generous grant from Humanities Iowa and the National Endowment for the Humanities, the Friends of Central Arts, and the Central College Theatre Department.
- Beverly Rivera Davis, journalist and biographer, read from her award-winning biographyDavid and Liz: Dancing Through Love.
- Richard Powers, winner of the 2006 National Book Award, read selections from works in progress. This program was made possible by the Patricia Naour Distinguished Visiting Writer Program.
- Rick Campbell read from his newest book of poems,Dixmont.
- Nahid Rachlin read from her memoir,Persian Girls.
- Joe Plum, award-winning poet in the oral tradition, spoke poems from a variety of his works.
- Jon Berry, playwright, read from a variety of his works.
- Patricia Hampl read from her memoirThe Florist’s Daughterand other works.
- Jann Freed, Professor of Business Management and Mark & Kay DeCook Chair in Character & Leadership Development at Central College, read from her workDaring to Be.
- Dr. Danielle Ofri read from her book of essaysIncidental Findings: Lessons From My Patients on the Art of Medicine and other works.