Join us Jan. 18-19
PERSONAL ATTENTION AND SUPPORT MAKE CENTRAL A COMMUNITY WHERE EVERYONE COUNTS.
A world of possibilities is open to you at Central — starting with Winter Orientation. The only thing missing is you!
- What courses will you take?
- What internships or research will you pursue?
- What clubs and organizations will you join?
- Who will be your friends?
- What professors will you connect with?
- Who will become your mentor on campus?
- How will you get involved?
Details for new student orientation:
- Send your final high school transcript to the admission office, if you haven’t done so already.
- Send all updated documentation of college coursework and AP or IB classes to the admission office.
- Check your e-mail for information about placement tests. Admission staff will contact you with more details if placement tests are needed.
- Complete student employment form and bring to orientation.
- Bring your driver’s license plus your social security card or passport.
Saturday, Jan. 18, 2020
|8 – Noon||Check-In: Maytag Student Center
|10 – Noon||Offices open for students to stop by and take care of necessary business
|Noon||Welcome to Central and Family Luncheon:
Boat, Moore, & Weller Rooms, Maytag Student Center
|1:15 p.m.||Success at Central College – Presentation and Panel Discussion
Boat Room, Maytag Student Center
|4 p.m.||Students continue to move in and prepare for evening events; say good-bye to parents|
|5 p.m.||Central Academic Success and Dinner
Meet in Maytag Student Center Atrium for dinner off campus at George’s Pizza. The session includes information about campus resources.
|7 p.m.||Evening Activity with orientation (SOS) group|
Sunday, Jan. 19, 2020
|Morning||Free time to accommodate religious activities. List of places of worship available here|
|Noon||Lunch with SOS group:
Meet at Maytag Student Center
|1 p.m.||Meeting with SOS Leader:
Maytag Student Center
|3 p.m.||MVP Experience
Boat and Moore Rooms, Maytag Student Center
|4 p.m.||Living on Campus-Meeting with Resident Advisor and Roommate
|5:30 p.m.||Dinner with Roommate|
|TBD||Floor Meeting in Residence Hall|
Important Note: Each student is asked to schedule a meeting with their academic advisor, business office, and financial aid office during the first week of classes.