Spring 2010 writers were supported by a generous grant from Humanities Iowa and the National Endowment for the Humanities, and the Friends of Central Arts.
- Kyoko Nakajima read from Jochu-tan, her recent collection of three novellas.
- Sonia Nazario, Pulitzer Prize winning journalist, read from her award-winning bookEnrique’s Journey.
- John Price read from his memoirMan Killed By Pheasant.
- Keith Ratzlaff, winner of the Anhinga Poetry Prize and Professor of English at Central College, read fromthen, a thousand crows, his most recent book of poems.
- Joshua Dolezal, creative writer and Central College Assistant Professor of English, read from new essays and poems.
- Kay Ryan, U.S. Poet Laureate, read from her newest collectionThe Best of It: New and Selected Poems.
- Nancy Carlson, noted children’s author/illustrator, read from her work and discussed the writing/illustrating process in children’s literature.
- The poets of the Central College Advanced Poetry Class read from their semester’s work. Each poet read from the book that he or she created in partnership with a Central College art student.