Spring 2005 writers were supported by a generous grant from Humanities Iowa and the National Endowment for the Humanities.
- Charles Baxter, nationally acclaimed novelist, read fromFeast of Love, Saul & Patsyand other works. Program made possible by the Patricia Naour Distinguished Visiting Writer Program.
- Robert Wolf, essayist, playwright, and winner of the Sigma Delta Chi Award for Radio Broadcasting, read fromAn American Mosaic.
- Emily Wilson, poet and Visiting Faculty Member at the University of Iowa Writers Workshop, read fromThe Keep.
- Curtis Bauer, Winner of the John Ciardi Prize for Poetry and Central College Graduate, read fromFence Line.
- Anya Butt, Central College Assistant Professor of Environmental Science, read translations from her family memoir6000 Kilometer Sehnsucht [Six-thousand Kilometers Yearning].
- James Galvin, acclaimed poet and faculty member at the University of Iowa Writers Workshop read fromX: poemsand other works.
- Emily Lupita Plum, poet and Central College graduate, read fromWater and Stone: A Story in Poetry from Japanand other new poems.
- Sabina Murray, novelist and Pen/Faulkner Award Winner, read fromCarnivore's InquiryandThe Caprices.
- Billy Collins, former US Poet Laureate, read fromSailing Alone Around the Roomand other works. Program made possible through a collaboration with Pella High School, the Des Moines Poetry Festival and Central College with special funds from Pella Corporation, Humanities Iowa and the National Endowment for the Humanities.