Central is full of places to go to meet your needs away from home.
You'll work hard for that degree. Central's career center will work hard to help you get the skills and opportunities to really use it. We —
- help you with a major and career direction,
- connect you with internship and employment opportunities,
- help you network with area business leaders, and
- capitalize on your skills
When things start getting rough, Central's counseling services —
- help students resolve personal difficulties,
- help students acquire the skills to take advantage of their college experience,
- aid students with their concerns related to educational progress and personal growth,
- coach and guide students through difficult times,
- refer students to long-term therapy if necessary.
Bed-ridden with the flu? Sore throat won't go away? Central's health center and professional registered nurses are looking out for you. Their free or reduced-cost services include:
- blood pressure screening,
- lab test,
- over the counter medications and supplies,
- nurse practitioner coverage, and
- referrals to specialists.
Everyone is welcomed and celebrated at Central, no matter how you define yourself as an individual. Intercultural Life provides the extra support you might need by:
- offering awareness and training sessions,
- hosting fun activities to promote meeting new people,
- and providing opportunities for students to build connections on our multicultural campus and the world.
Student Support Services (SSS)
You have goals, and Student Support Services is here to help you achieve them. SSS works to help students who are
eligible for the program achieve their goals and enhance their college experiences through:
- freshmen course to help first-year students succeed,
- individual or group academic tutoring,
- laptop rental,
- cultural activities,
- office supplies,
- academic and career counseling,
- team-building trips,
- leadership conferences, and
- grant and scholarship opportunities.