- Choose a box that when you step up onto it your femur (the bone in the middle of the thigh) is parallel to the ground.
- Hold dumbbells by your side with your arms locked out.
- Place one of your feet on the box (the other foot starts out on the ground).
- Drive off the leg that is on the box (make sure not to push off the foot that is on the ground—you are going to want to isolate the working leg on the box).
- Stand up strong on that leg until the body is fully erect. Once fully erect place the other foot on the box.
- Continue as you alternate feet each time.