- Feet will be slightly wider than shoulder width (to allow clearance for the DB) with a slight bend in your knees.
- Chest out and shoulder blades pulled tightly together.
- One hand holding dumbbell with the arm locked out. The DB will start out between the legs.
Transition to the Power Position:
- Maintaining the same bend in the knee you will slide your hips back.
- The DB will come between the knees.
- Back is still locked in with the shoulder blades pulled tightly together.
- Chest is over the dumbbell.
- Arm remains locked out.
Jump Shrug/Triple Extension:
- Once the DB hits the knee you will take an aggressive vertical jump while shrugging the shoulder.
- The force you produce against the ground will cause the DB to come right up along side the body. Be sure to keep the DB close to the body at all times.
- The elbow will not bend until your body is fully extended at the ankle, knee and hip.
Overhead Support Position:
- After you achieve full extension you will drop under the DB overhead with the arms fully locked out. The DB will be directly over your center of gravity as you catch.
- Make sure to land in an athletic position; bending at the ankle, knee and hip.