Single arm snatch (front angle)
- Start Position
Transition to the Power Position
- Feet will be slightly wider than shoulder width (to allow clearance for the DB) with a slight bend in your knees.
- Chest out and shoulder blades pulled tightly together.
- One hand holding dumbbell with the arm locked out. The DB will start out between the legs.
- Maintaining the same bend in the knee you will slide your hips back.
- The DB will come between the knees
Jump Shrug/Triple Extension
- Back is still locked in with the shoulder blades pulled tightly together
- Chest is over the dumbbell
- Arms remain locked out
Overhead Support Position
- Once the DB hits the knee you will take an aggressive vertical jump while shrugging the shoulders.
- The force you produce against the ground will cause the DB to come right up along side the body. Be sure to keep the bar close to the body at all times.
- The elbows will not bend until your body is fully extended at the ankle, knee and hip.
- After you achieve full extension you will drop under the DB overhead with the arms fully locked out. The DB will be directly over your center of gravity with your thru as you catch.
- Make sure to land in an athletic position; bending at the ankle knee and hip.