11 NCAA Div. III national team championships
Lexi Hanna, Head Coach
Auditions are open to current students, incoming first-year students and transfers who have been accepted for the fall semester at Central. Auditions are scheduled for April 14, 2013 in the Kuyper Athletic Complex. Registration begins at 8:30am and auditions start at 9am.
• How may cheer squads are there?
We have two cheer squads - football and basketball
• How many people are on the teams?
Both teams are not limited to a specific amount. However, we usually have 12 participants on each team.
• Do you compete? If so, where?
No, as of now, we are not a competitive squad.
• How often do you practice and for how long?
The team will practice three times a week for two hours each.
• Are practices mandatory?
All practices are mandatory. Being on this team is a full commitment.
• Does the cheer squad travel with the sports that they cheer for?
There are certain road games that the cheer squad is allowed to travel to. These road games include away football games.
• What are the expectations/requirements for being on the team?
- Attendance at all practices.
- Attendance at all home football games.
- Attendance at assigned basketball games.
- Attendance at required/requested appearances
- Enrollment in a minimum of 12 credit hours at Central College each semester.
- Maintaining a 2.0 cumulative GPA throughout time on the squad.
- Compliance of all rules and regulations set forth by Athletic Department and spirit squad coach
- Participation in all fundraising efforts/events required of the spirit squads
• Are there summer commitments?
Yes, there are summer commitments that will consist of special appearances, mandatory summer camp and fundraisers.
• How much does it cost to be on the team?
The cost to be on the team can run around $300. Most costs will be due soon after tryouts.
• Are there scholarships available?
We do not have scholarships available to squad members; however, we do do numerous types of fundraising to help pay for certain cheer expenses.
• When are tryouts?
• Do you accept video tryouts?
We would prefer to see all potential team members in person but if the tryout dates conflict with approved prior commitments, we do allow a video tape tryout. You will need to contact the coach, Lexi Hanna, at firstname.lastname@example.org for all the necessary elements to be included in the video as well and a deadline to submit it. Please be aware that higher expectations will be placed on those that send in video tryout.
• What do I need to wear to tryouts?
We ask that girls wear form fitting clothing and bring your own cheer shoes. We ask that males wear athletic clothing/shoes. We also expect everyone to look game-day ready (make-up, hair done nicely, etc.)
• Are incoming freshman allowed to tryout/cheer?
Yes, incoming freshman are allowed to tryout and will cheer all regular sporting events.
• What do I need to bring to tryouts?
You will need to bring your insurance information and a recent physical. If you do not show proof of insurance and a current physical, you will not be allowed to tryout.