11 NCAA Div. III national team championships
Lexi Hanna, Head Coach
Suzi Rouse, Assistant Coach
Auditions are open to current students, incoming first-year students and transfers who have been accepted for the fall semester at Central. Auditions are scheduled for Sunday, April 26th, 2015 in the Kuyper Athletic Complex gym. Please fill out the insurance form in the section below and bring it to the auditions. All incoming freshman, bring a recent copy of your physical form as well. Registration begins at 8:00 am and auditions start at 8:30 am.
• How may cheer squads are there?
We have one cheer squad that cheers football and basketball games.
• How many people are on the teams?
We are not limited to a certain number, but we usually have 12 participants.
• Do you compete? If so, where?
We are now a competitive cheer squad and will be competing this April at the NCA College Nationals in Daytona Beach, FL.
• How often do you practice and for how long?
The team will practice three times a week for two hours each.
• Are practices mandatory?
All practices are mandatory. Being on this team is a full commitment.
• Does the cheer squad travel with the sports that they cheer for?
There are certain road games that the cheer squad is allowed to travel to. These road games include away football games.
• What are the expectations/requirements for being on the team?
- Attendance at all practices.
- Attendance at assigned football games.
- Attendance at assigned basketball games.
- Attendance at required/requested appearances
- Enrollment in a minimum of 12 credit hours at Central College each semester.
- Maintaining a 2.0 cumulative GPA throughout time on the squad.
- Compliance of all rules and regulations set forth by Athletic Department and spirit squad coach
- Participation in all fundraising efforts/events required of the spirit squads
• Are there summer commitments?
Yes, there are summer commitments that will consist of a conditioning program, special appearances, mandatory summer camp and fundraisers.
• How much does it cost to be on the team?
The cost to be on the team can run around $500. Most costs will be due soon after tryouts.
• Are there scholarships available?
We do not have scholarships available to squad members; however, we do organize numerous types of fundraisers to help pay for certain cheer expenses.
• When are tryouts?
Sunday, April 26th beginning at 8 a.m. in the Kuyper Athletic Complex gym.
• Do you accept video tryouts?
We would prefer to see all potential team members in person but if the tryout dates conflict with approved prior commitments, we do allow a video tape tryout. You will need to contact the coach, Lexi Hanna, at email@example.com for all the necessary elements to be included in the video as well and a deadline to submit it. Please be aware that higher expectations will be placed on those that send in video tryout.
• What do I need to wear to tryouts?
We ask that girls wear form fitting clothing and bring your own cheer shoes. We ask that males wear athletic clothing/shoes. We also expect everyone to look game-day ready (make-up, hair done nicely, etc.)
• Are incoming freshman allowed to tryout/cheer?
Yes, incoming freshman are allowed to tryout and will cheer all regular sporting events.
• What do I need to bring to tryouts?
You will need to bring your insurance information and a recent physical. If you do not show proof of insurance and a current physical, you will not be allowed to tryout.