leiden photo
I took part in two internships while abroad – both at Leiden University. One in the International Admissions Department and another in the Marketing Department. They both greatly increased my interest in my major and being immersed in the local environment as well as being exposed to an international staff was one of the best experiences I had while abroad.
– Amy Walls
Texas Lutheran University

students with disabilities

Central College Abroad will work with you to find a program that fits your academic and social needs and accommodates your disability. Our program sites vary in the level accommodation that each can provide. If you have a disability (e.g. a learning disability, a visual impairment, etc.) please inform the Central College Abroad office. Disclosure is optional when completing the Central College Abroad Medical Form, but we strongly encourage you to do so in order to best serve you and your requests. Disclosure of your disability has no bearing on your acceptance or status on a Central College Abroad program.

Once aware of your disability, Central College Abroad will do all that we reasonably can to accommodate your requests. Without having such information at least 60 days prior to the program, we cannot ensure that accommodation can be requested or facilitated.

The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) was passed into law in 1990. American institutions of higher education and many commercial ventures are required to adhere to the standards written in the ADA, but this law does not apply to overseas institutions. Many of these institutions, as well as many towns and cities, are not equipped with wheelchair access, nor do they cater specifically to the needs of students with vision or hearing impairments. However, some of our program locations do provide such accommodation and we welcome your inquiries.


Safety Matters