I stayed with a host mom and I am so happy I did. I dove deep into the culture, and made it a part of my everyday life. There were some times when I would get frustrated with the language barrier, but overall it was totally worth it. I grew in my Spanish, and grew as a person as well.
– Megan Gray
Central College Abroad
- More than 10,000 students from over 400 American colleges and universities have studied with Central College since the launch of its first international program in 1965.
- CCA works in close collaboration with a network of U.S. colleges and universities in order to facilitate the transfer of credit and financial aid for their students on a Central program.
- Every Central College Abroad program boasts an on-site resident director who leads all program activities, serves as academic advisor, and creates a unique experience for each student based on interest.
- Small programs (average size = 24 students) allowing for more personalized academic programming.
- Students meet intended outcomes for global perspective development through CCA’s leading assessment practices.
- Distinct academic offerings, both through CCA’s own unique courses, as well as courses through some of the world’s most renowned universities.
- Experiential learning opportunities for all students, ensuring integration into the local culture through service-learning, internships, language partners, community involvement, courses alongside local students, just to name a few.