I chose Central College Abroad because of the location, available classes, Outdoor Pursuits program, and housing situation.
Housing in Bangor is ideal for students looking to immerse themselves in university life with other Welsh, British and international students. Students live in residence halls within a university village complex complete with gym facilities and cafés. The village complex is perched on the hill overlooking picturesque Bangor and is only 30 minutes from Snowdon, the highest mountain in England and Wales. Residence facilities include:
- single room within an eight-person flat
- private bath and toilet facilities
- Internet access (stay connected through the many campus computer labs or take advantage of the residence hall’s internet connection.)
- university village complex with laundry, gym facilities and cafés on site
- full kitchen
- 24 hour security
- adopted accommodation available for students with special needs/ disabilities
While a meal plan is not provided, all students have access to a communal kitchen within their eight-person flat. This is a great opportunity to meet other students and enjoy the camaraderie of the living facility.
Take advantage of shopping for food with your flat mates or occasionally dining out at the many restaurants and cafés located on and near campus.